FTW.in Release 0.9.2.5 Issues & Feedback List

ftwinupdate

FTW.in Release 0.9.2.5 Issues & Feedback List

Items Fixed

July 14, 2017
###Game Rooms

1. Filter buttons - turned “off” by default now so more intuitive
  2. Filter buttons - saves your Network as a cookie so on page load or refresh, you will default to that

July 7, 2017

Game Rooms

1. 10 Min Warning bug - fixed! You will not longer see this.
  2. Delete My Listing - you can now delete your last, active listing from the LIST menu. We are now flogging Brock for not catching this.
  3. FIND menu - now auto opens on page load so even easier to sort by Activity, Region, etc.

Edit Profile

1. Twitch permissions - greatly reduced the Twitch permissions requested when connecting your Twitch profile (all users recommended to remove and add Twitch)
  2. PSN ID - fixed a bug where users with multiple underscore or hyphens consecutively couldn’t add

1. Verification - some users were getting an error after clicking the link in their verification email. This has been fixed.

July 5, 2017

Site

1. Yahoo email delays are fixed - Yahoo no longer throttling our emails

Game Rooms

1. Listings so they auto remove after 5 minutes (Destiny only)
  2. Add the refresh button for mobile devices
  3. Only show 20 listings per page

##Priority Items to be Fixed (week of July 17)

###Game Rooms

1. Listings module - updated design to feel more tight and easier to read
    *Fix priority of details in a listing
    *Fix the text wrapping for long comments
    *Fix the elements in posts are placed responsively instead of statically
  2. “Seamless feel” - update so we aren’t refreshing the page on actions such as when a user edits or deletes a listing

###Profile

1. Email address - allow user to update their email address

##Ongoing Feedback & Issues List

###Edit Profile

1. PSN ID authentication: Sony does not have a public authorization method. We can only provide a claim method at this time.
  2. Ability to update username
  3. Profile image
    *Profile image not showing in Discussions
    *When going to edit my profile, it can show an error message rather than my image
  4. Consider adding “many” Xbox, PSN, etc network accounts to 1 FTW.in profile
  5. (July 7) Consider adding Mixer as a social account
  6. (July 11) Option to pull down your Xbox Live, PSN, Steam, Battle.net, etc network image as your FTW.in Profile image

###Game Rooms

1. (July 7) Consider adding Mixer to list of supported Social Networks to be displayed

###Site

1. (July 11) Log In overlay that appears after 15 secs can block users from clicking outside it to close it; and the close button is hard to find

Petition to bring DestinyLFG back

You have some bugs that I submitted directly to Brock. One significant bug that is making the site difficult to use and should be fixed ASAP. Steps to reproduce…

1. Find an activity (filter console, etc)

2. Post a listing for yourself (would be nice if the activity was automatically set to match what you were just viewing, but that’s a side note)

Everything’s good, right?

1. Edit your post and submit the update.

OOPS! You’re now seeing a view of ALL posts, not just the activity you posted for, like you were prior to editing.

P.S. I’m not sure why this messed up editor is showing #3 as another #1 in this list. When I edit the comment, it clearly shows a 3… But when viewing, it shows a 1… Looks like you’ve got some issues with your forum post editor too…

Thanks for the steps to recreate! Much of this - if not all - should not be an issue any longer once we fix #2 above

As for the post editor:

And the forum post editor is working as expected. It sees you’ve started a new list since you have text between the lists, thus starting with a 1. In fact, it auto numbers no matter what order you have the numbers per list. More can be learned on discourse.org.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m anxious to see the new updates.

I realize what the discord renderer is doing, but some of us like to include multiple paragraphs in single items of our numbered lists. :wink: I’ll read up more on formatting to learn how to format things properly to get the desired output.

For those people who have verified their XBL account, but haven’t uploaded a profile picture, could you simply set the image to…

https://avatar-ssl.xboxlive.com/avatar/[GAMERTAG]/avatarpic-l.png

? At least we’d all see their default gamer pic…

Thanks @Wh1rledPeas! Having an option to pull down your Xbox Live, PSN, Steam, Battle.net, etc network image is a great idea! I’ll add to the list of feedback to consider in the future.

I was just thinking if your database field for profile picture is blank, just use the XBL picture by default…

Not sure what language you’re working in, but assuming that operation is in a function, here’s some psudo Javascript code…

function getProfilePicUrl(gamerTag,

platform) {

var picUrl = getDbPicUrl(gamerTag);

if(picUrl == null)
        picUrl = getPlatformPicUrl(gamerTag, platform);

return picUrl;

}

function getPlatformPicUrl(gamerTag, platform) {

var url = "";
    var xblUrl = ".../gamerTagToken-l.png";

if(platform == "XBL") {
        return xblUrl.replace("gamerTagToken", gamerTag);
    } elseif (platform == "PS") {
        /* not sure here */
        return "";
    } else {
        return "";
    }
} 

I’m assuming your code to load user profile information is far more efficient, only hits the database once, and builds a userProfile object, but you get the idea…

If the user hasn’t uploaded a profile image and they’re on the XBL network, just use that URL by default. At least their postings will have their default gamer pic and not a plain, generic icon.

Items Fixed

July 14, 2017
###Game Rooms

1. Filter buttons - turned “off” by default when the page loads or refreshes making them more intuitive
  2. Filter buttons - we save the Networks (PS4, Xbox, Steam, Blizzard, etc) you last selected per Game Room so when you come back or refresh the page, your Networks are already saved. This is saved a cookie per device.

##Up Next (week of July 17)

###Profile

1. Email address - allow user to update their email address

###Game Rooms

1. “Seamless feel” - fix so any of the actions you perform, the page doesn’t reload and actions feel more like an app
  2. Listing Module - updated design to feel more tight and easier to read
    *Fix priority of details in a listing
    *Fix the text wrapping for long comments
    *Fix the elements in posts are placed responsively instead of statically
    *Reduce comments from 500 to 140 characters

Here is the cleaned up Listing Module design we are going to implement to improve readability, cognitive load, and height to let you find like-minded gamers much easier. The mobile listing is the bottom left and desktop/tablet is the top. Note: this shows every element a user could possibly see and doesn’t accurately reflect the real world (but could!).

Items Fixed - Friday, July 14